Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Rebellion Pitts Kick Off Show Review!!!!!!!!

Hey i know this show review is late but i wanted to have it perfect. (THIS IS MOST LIKELY THE LAST SHOW REVIEW I WILL EVER BE DOING FOR THE REASON THAT I JUST NEVER SEEM TO GET THEM OUT ON TIME.)

Nico Hough: Was the opening act. He is an amazing Riot Folk artist. He played a great show and I really hope he records an album soon. Riot folk is folk with a punk rock attitude. He is hard to describe. Unfortunately he does not have a website, music profile, or any of that. If you come across his name in any flyer you better see him perform.


SATCH: Came on 2nd and they are crazy and really amusing guys, Also very fun to see live. They sound like a mix of 80’s hardcore punk bands. They played a Germs cover which by that point I stole the mike. Richie’s Dagger has to be one of the most fun Germs songs to sing. Their album / 10 track album reminds me a lot like Litmus Green. If you don’t know who Litmus Green is I you better re-watch Decline part 3 again. They also sound like they are taking a step backwards into the sound of old school hardcore punk. It’s Fucking Brilliants. The track titles to this CD. are Quite interesting I recommend you get a copy and go check them out. http://www.myspace.com/sexmehorse


Mongrel: was headlining. Mongrel is a band that will never die, once you put a bullet in it. The band comes back stronger than ever. At the August 10th show they announced that Jess (From Affliction) as their new full time singer. I honestly think that Jess will bring a new feel and vibe and take Mongrel into new amazing heights. Jess told me when she sings all her lyrics for Affliction she relives the song over when she is on stage. When you see Affliction live you can tell she is in this mind zone that keeps her and the fans connected by invisible emotional strings. I always can feel the emotion to whatever song she sings with affliction. So I can only imagine what she can bring as time goes on. Someone asked me at the show “What does mongrel sound like?” I replied “Mongrel sounds like metal and punk fucked each other and had the best sex they could possibly have” I wanted to say more but I was distracted. So if you haven’t heard of Mongrel I Recommend you Buy: Fears Lies and Propaganda and Their new Ep. REVENGE. AND I GIVE MY BEST WISHES TO JESS.
www.myspace.com/Mongrel

Check out this video from the show: (We had Issues with the mic that night)


No comments:

Post a Comment